Elastomeric roof coatings have a lot of advantages when used to protect a flat or low-slope roof. Business owners are find them to be an excellent and much more affordable alternative to completely replacing the roof, and elastomeric roof coatings are also friendly to the environment.
Does your roof need some attention?
Give us a call: (913) 294-2550
You need to know about some of the benefits of elastomeric roof coatings, so that you can determine if this procedure is right for your roof:
- Efficient – Most roofing materials are not 100% efficient. These coatings are about as close as you can get. When they are sprayed on and provide a completely seamless barrier against water, chemicals, acid rain, etc., there are very few rubber materials that can provide such a great protection level.
- Conserve Energy – Although we are able to tint your roof coating to the color or shade of your choice, we recommend using white. White elastomeric roof coatings tend to reflect away the sun's heat rather than absorbing it. This means that the cool air being created by your building's AC system is not be wasted by the inefficiency of your roof – the cool air stays cooler longer, so your cooling system doesn't have to work as hard.<
- Affordable – This has to be one of the most popular reasons to choose this type of roof protection. In fact, prove it to yourself – get an estimate for a complete re-roofing. Then have us come out and give you an estimate for our elastomeric roof coatings. Our service will always be less, and in some cases could save you up to 50% on the cost of a roof replacement.
- Easy to Install – Because this coating goes on so quickly and easily, it means that we can get started and finish the job in the same day. This means less disruption to your normal routine, and you have your roof situation solved very quickly.
- Low Maintenance – In fact, there is virtually no maintenance. Of course, if a branch falls on the roof or some other type of debris lands on it, you will want to take care of that. But other than just a quick visual occasionally, there is really no maintenance for you to perform on an ongoing basis. It really couldn't be any easier.
What makes elastomeric roof coatings so flexible is that they resemble natural rubber in terms of their elasticity (hence the name). They are sprayed on in liquid form, and act as a new layer of great protection (coating) that keeps your roof waterproof and cool.
The advantage of having the quality of rubber is that elastomeric roof coatings have a memory. In the heat of the summer sun, they can stretch and expand during the day, but then at night when the temperature cools down, the coating just goes back to its original size. With some roofing materials, this type of expanding and contracting would mean that the material would be damaged and crack in some places, breaking the waterproof seal. This is not the case with elastomeric roof coatings.
For more information, call us at (913) 294-2550
or fill out our contact form and we'll contact you.
Elastomeric roof coatings are seamless, so there are no weak points that crack first. They are also very durable and safe to walk on without worrying about slipping and falling.